Monday, May 17, 2010

Post in which I rant

I love my job. I really, really, do. I'm the rare and lucky chick who got an fantastic job right out of college with benefits, decent pay, awesome coworkers and free coffee.

Can you tell that I'm trying to convince myself that I love it?

The problem with my job is that I have to talk to PEOPLE. And, I kinda hate people. I'm not bad at being perky when necessary, but there are just so many dumbasses in the world, and I get to talk to them all. I've been here for almost three years, so I'm used to it. But sometimes, like today, I find myself ending every call with a muttered "fucking dumbass cocksucker." And hope that my previously mentioned awesome coworkers don't hear me.

People from New Jersey are the fucking worst. I know plenty of lovely people from the dirty Jerz, but they know how to say words correctly. And -

-okay, have to interrupt myself. I was just on the phone with a customer. AND HE CALLED ME FUCKING MACOLE. People of the Universe, Macole is not a fucking name. It's just not. My name is Nichole, which is seriously one of the most common names in the world. How do you fuck that up? And it happens all the time. I get called Macole on at least a weekly basis. And no, I am not just pronouncing my name wrong. I checked.

And now I forget where I was going with people from Jersey. Basically they suck. As do people who don't speak English. And people who pretend to be British. And Canadians. Oh God, Canadians.

Why is it not six o'clock yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment